How I Read: Les Mis

A) One thing I personally like about Les Mis is how it uses its characters and their dialogue or actions to express opinions, once they're out you get the chance to think about it and see how the bishop responds. I also enjoy the literary devices that Victor Hugo uses.

B) A literary technique that Victor Hugo used that mattered to me was the point of view, we are viewing the story from the third person, this makes for a story in which you are looking at things more objectively. Another literary technique that Hugo used was irony, this makes for a funny scene when the bishop rides into a town on a donkey just like Jesus did before. Lastly, Hugo uses imagery in Les Miserables, this important to me because it helps immerse myself in the author's world, like the scene where we are shown the bishop's home or the convention member's home.

Comments