How I Read

 A. I like reading, I don't like reading. You may be thinking this is a big contradiction but it's true. I love reading interesting books, books that suck me into their world, books that make my heart race because I am so deep into this universe that the author has so carefully crafted. On the opposite side of the spectrum, I hate reading boring books with no interesting storyline, and being forced to read takes away all the fun and wonder I have when reading because I want to.

B. There are four recommendations in "How We Read", the first is to start reading books you love. Second, more experienced people may recommend books to your dislike, try to understand why they recommended them. The third is redefine your reading, think, make connections, read between the lines. Lastly, the fourth recommendation, "Stop looking for the answers on the page and start developing the expertise and the confidence that will enable you to find them in yourselves."

c. Reading the first few pages of the book I chose for my literature analysis was actually quite enjoyable. I believe this is because even though I am reading for school, it does not feel that way, it actually feels like I am reading for myself.

Comments